Panama is a small country with a lot going on. Some people love it for its beautiful, largely undeveloped beaches and rainforests. Others love Panama City, one of the most cosmopolitan cities of Latin America. I love Panama for the marvelous ice cream. It’s all about your priorities.
Panama’s also close to my heart because I’ve got close ties there… including my partner’s parents and other family. A lot of the places I love in Panama are places I first experienced with them.
Prices are listed in U.S. dollars and do not include your flight to Panama. Two people traveling double will share a hotel room and local, prepaid cell phone. For a private tour, get in touch with me about pricing and scheduling.
April 12 – 19, 2014
Pricing coming soon!
If you want to be notified when I finalize the pricing, let me know.
Our trip features a visit to the islands of San Blas, aka Kuna Yala, home of the Kuna Indian community. It’s rustic. If you can’t do without creature comforts for a day or two, you may prefer another trip! (Your flight to Kuna Yala is included in the cost of this tour.)
This tour includes:
- at least three nights in Panama City with visits to the Panama Canal, historic Casco Viejo neighborhood, and more
- at least two nights in the San Carlos district on the Pacific coast, including beach time
- a guided zip-line or hiking tour of the rainforest (your choice)
- a visit by boat to one of Panama’s indigenous communities, where we’ll see how older identity and traditions are preserved in a modern world
- enjoying a range of food,
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 6 dinners
- The number of nights in Panama City and San Carlos depends on whether the tour overnights in an indigenous community.
- The zip line canopy tour has a weight tolerance of 200 lbs.
- The tour description and draft itinerary may change based on availability, weather, and seasonal holidays or events.