Detour organizes an annual trip to Argentina in conjunction with the International Tango Queer Festival. If you’re interested in visiting Argentina at some other time, get in touch. We can talk about organizing a private trip, or I can recommend another tour guide you might like.
The tour is mostly based in Buenos Aires, visiting spots in and near the city. We also take a side trip to the Iguazu waterfalls, one of the New Seven Wonders of the Natural World. For more details, check out the About Argentina page.
November 20 – 30, 2013
The International Tango Queer Festival:
This Thanksgiving tour is scheduled to coincide with the 6th annual Festival Internacional de Tango Queer! We’ll schedule some of the festival into our itinerary.
Interested for next year?
If you’d like to join a 2014 trip coinciding with the Tango Queer Festival, drop me a line. I won’t finalize the trip until the festival announces their 2014 dates. But once that happens, if I know you want to go, I can get in touch and give you first crack at it.
Prices are listed in U.S. dollars and do not include your flight to/from Argentina. They do include your domestic flights between Buenos Aires and Iguazu. Two people traveling double will share a hotel room and a local cell phone.
This tour includes:
- airport transportation at the beginning and end of the tour
- a crash course in Argentinian beef: popular dishes, how to recognize good beef, and how to order it cooked
- visits to various neighborhoods of Buenos Aires chosen for their historic value, beauty, and cultural interest
- a guided tour of some of the city’s most important and representative street art
- a tango lesson with some of our favorite Tango Queer enthusiasts
- sampling popular local foods, such as alfajores, a sandwich cookie spread with dulce de leche, and tartas, vegetable pies
- an excursion into the countryside outside of Buenos Aires, where the pace changes from cosmopolitan metropolis to quiet ranches
- three nights visiting Iguazu Falls and the flora and fauna of Iguazu National Park
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 5 dinners
- Pricing includes round-trip air travel between Buenos Aires and Iguazu.
- The tour description and draft itinerary may change based on availability, weather, and seasonal holidays or events.